The Austin Forum is a monthly community engagement activity bringing together technology leaders, advocates, and the public to share information and stimulate collaborations to promote technology applications that advance society. Forum topics cover technology applications, opportunities, and policies in all aspects of society: health & medicine, business & industry, science & research, education, government, entertainment, and ‘social good.’
Stateside Theater, 719 Congress Ave, Downtown Austin
5:15 p.m. – Doors and Bar Open
6:00 p.m. – Presentation, Q&A
7:00 p.m. – Reception
Free and open to the public
Registration enables priority seating, a free drink ticket, and eligibility to win one of two SXSWi badges given away at each meeting.
Kindly cancel your registration if you find you cannot attend.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
“Doctors, Data, and Diagnoses”
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
“Wearable Technology: The Impact of Connectivity”
- Cybersecurity, surveillance, and personal privacy
- Increasing participation of girls & women in technology
- Planning better cities with data & analytics
- The maker movement: impacts, opportunities, and how to get started
- Drone technology: current state, projections, and opportunities
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Water Management
We welcome your suggestions for future topics!